Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wisdom for your Weekend


A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
-- Tenneva Jordan


Isn't this all too true? At least for my mom it has always been this way. She would always sacrifice herself for her kids. She never shopped for her own clothing, and would use the opportunity to buy something nice for her girls.

I find myself being more like this as well. Ever since my daughter was born I was consumed by the obsession of buying her new clothes, accessories, and toys without once thinking about how that money could go towards a hair cut or new blouse.

It's funny how we lose ourselves in our children at times, and forget completely about ourselves. Have you ever found yourself starving, only to remember that you forgot to eat because you were so busy trying to make sure your children ate?

Mother's are very special people, and I don't think everyone is this way, but let us try to be more selfless of ourselves, but not neglect ourselves either ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment