Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Recipe

Sundays used to be a day where my sisters and I would get to bake with my mom. Banana bread was her specialty (and probably the only thing she would bake, but then again, my mom wasn't one to be seen in the kitchen).

Savanna loves to bake, but sometimes gets in the way. I try to not get too frustrated with her, because after all, she is just trying to help. So this is a great recipe (and yummy) to have the kids help with. Mostly because of the simpleness of it, and they get to eat marshmallows.

Mississippi Mud Cookies

Prep: 25 min., Bake: 12 min. per batch

1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. miniature marshmallows


1. Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.

2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.

3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.

4. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.

5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Great memories too! baking has always been a big thing in our family and now that I have two girls, I am glad I can carry it on! =) The cookies look yummy!
    I am visiting from MBC and following your blog now!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! I will have to try them!
    Following from MBC! Is it ok if I'm not in my 20's? LOL! My kids are your kids ages--my almost 3 year old and 4 month twins took us a long time...I just turned 33! Your blog looks so cute! ~mymiracles77

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the greatest baker ever! you always make the best stuff! fun fun! can't wait til lila is old enough to try helping. for now she is happy banging a spoon on the floor! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Just stopped in from MBC. Gonna totally follow you! :)

    http://mommyshades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete