Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm a young mom

I was married at the ripe ol' age of 19, quit school to support my husband through his undergrad, thought about going back after he graduated, got pregnant, he graduated, we moved, and then...life happens. Ever since then I've been a mom. I LOVE IT. But don't get me wrong, motherhood isn't at all glamorous, it's A LOT of work! What was I thinking?!

I'm 23.

I'm a stay-at-home mom.

I have 2 beautiful kids.

And my life is filled with laundry, chores, wiping butts, picking noses, playgroups, cooking dinner, and way too much responsibility and decisions.

Who knew at 23 I'd be thinking about which brand of diapers to use, or when the next playgroup was. All my high school friends are just now thinking about settling down, or which club they'll go to next.

Oh how I wish I could travel, shop, or just have ME time (if it even existed).

To top it all off, my husband is attending Law School, and we are living off of student loans. So money isn't necessarily flowing from our pockets. I've had a hard time trying to live on a budget my entire life, and now with 2 kids under the age of 3 it's tough not to feel a little trapped.

I've read many blogs in search of other moms like me. Yes they're plenty of "mom" blogs, but I want to write to those moms out there, in their 20s, with little money to entertain themselves or their kids.

Let's get real. We don't have 100.00 to spend on a season pass to the zoo, or 699.00 to spend on the top of the line stroller. So what is considered "best bang for your buck"? What can we afford and yet still have some sort of luxury in our penniless lives?

That's where I come in. I will be doing reviews on products, and how to enjoy your time with your kids and still be "young." After all, we are YOUNG. Just because we have kids and a family, doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves.

So please comment on ideas you would like to read about. I am always looking for new ideas and new products to try. I love input!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am not a young mom anymore, but once was. I started out just like you with two kids too. Definitely keep up the date nights and make sure to stay 'you' along with 'mom'.

    -Generation X Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to post about affordable and fun things to do with kids. I'm a mom of 2, in my later 20's.
    My husband was in school for 5 years of our married life, so I understand...he has been working now for a year and a half. I am so glad he is done school.
    Good luck to you! I'd love for you to check out my blog. I've added you to my google reader!

    ReplyDelete